These general conduct guidelines are signed up to by memebers of the club, and help the club to be a positive and rewarding environment for everyone.
- There should be fairness to all individuals.
- Players should attend training whenever possible.
- Players should strive to want to gain promotion to higher teams.
- Players should remember hockey is a team game and not an individual sport.
- Players should strive to have the correct club kit/colours on match days.
- Players should arrive at the due time to prevent problems for the captains.
- Players should show good discipline; they should not abuse, verbally or physically, the umpires, the opposition, their teammates or spectators.
- The safety of players, umpires and spectators should be the priority.
- Players should demonstrate good sportsmanship. They should shout three cheers at the end of the game. All players should thank umpires at the end of the game.
- Players should never play under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Drivers have a responsibility for the safety of their passengers.
- Players should make their availability for at least the following week known to captains as early as possible.
- Players should assist the captains in his/her duties.
- Players should pay match fees on the day of the game and ubscriptions as early on in the season as they can.
- Players should ensure that the umpires and opposition are shown back to teas and made to feel welcome there; teas should be offered in the sequence of neutral umpires, opposition, home umpires
and then home players.
- Players should support social events whenever possible.
- Players can speak to the club captain, in confidence if necessary, about any grievances that they may have within the club.
- Enjoyment of playing hockey and being a participating member of the club are the overall objectives.